RadioOS Bis is a software for wireless, point-to-point data transmission using dual 802.11a radio. It
may be used with dedicated hardware platform RouterStation PRO from Ubiquity.
RadioOS Bis uses Frequency-Division Duplex (FDD) which divides communication into two radio interfaces
operating on different frequencies. One of the radios is used exclusively for transmission, while the other one is
used only for reception. Necessity of having a carrier multiple access control mechanism is eliminated. Thus, it is
possible to achieve real, effective transmission speeds close to so-called raw radio bitrate speeds.
Measured performance of RadioOS Bis system installed on RouterStation PRO platform and used 40MHz channel width.
- radio frequency selection in range of 4.9GHz - 6.1GHz with 5MHz step
- 4 channel widths: 5Mhz, 10MHz, 20MHz, 40MHz
- support for different channel widths on each radio
- link throughput is not dependent on link distance (it depends on signal quality)
- automatic selection of modulation, transmit power and radio frame length
- automatic AES-CCMP encryption of transmission
- interactive WWW interface
- console interface available through SSH protocol
- works as a fully transparent Ethernet bridge
- supports management through VLAN
- STP (IEEE 802.11D) support
- fully translated to English and Polish
RadioOS supports IEEE 802.11a radio modules based on Atheros chipsets. In particular, it can work
- AR5414 - eg. Ubiquiti XR5, UB5
- AR5213 - eg. Wistron CM9, Ubiquiti SR5
For proper usage, either two single-polarized antennas are required or one dual-polarized antenna may be used. In
first case two antennas need to be separated from each other as far as possible (at least 2 meters). For a
dual-polarized antenna, it has to have at least a 40dB port-to-port separation. It is recommended to use quality
products of renown vendors, like MTI, Mars, Jirous. Take special care about antenna alignment.
Installation and registration manual.
Sold as this item license is only for one side, you need 2 devices do setup bridge connection. Firmware is available from RadioOS website ,
in this place is generated license also. You need buy and get
registering key from our company, generate hardware key from board with
RadioOS and after registering both generate license. Without license software works without radio interface.
NOTE: registering key is sent by mail only to address correspond with customer data in our online-shop address.
This firmware work only as TRANSPARENT BRIDGE,
without any routing features this time. And don't work with any other
radio. Screenshots from frimware website you can find on